So! My wonderful best friend nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’m really touched, because blogging is something I’ve dabbled in on-and-off for years and we recently had a big (slightly tipsy) discussion in which I decided it was something I wanted to pursue more seriously. Leigh is a great blogger; she’s handled multiple blogs for a few years now, ran the wonderfully successful Nottingham Bucket List over the course of her university career and now blogs over at The Writing Campbell (TWC) on everything from food and TV to life tips and tricks! She even wrote her dissertation on blogging – she is my Blogging Friend™.
I suppose a few people might be discovering my blog via this nomination, so a little bit about me and this page would probably be a good way to start this, no? Here are some random facts about me:
- My name is Kitty. It is a nickname.
- I am 21 years old, and I study English at university.
- I am perpetually bitter that this ironically leaves me with little time to read for fun.
- I am a cosplayer. Not a great one, but still, one.
- Almost every piece of clothing I buy is bought with a fictional character in mind.
- I think Liverpool is the greatest city in the world.
- I am depressed.
- I keep a picture of Kermit the Frog at the theatre on my phone to look at when I am sad.
- I am pansexual.
- I love Shakespeare.
Okay! Now I know Leigh has some questions for me to answer, so let’s just jump into those.
What’s your favourite photo of you and your friends?
This is actually a really tough one for me because I have shockingly few photos of my friends as a whole, so can I cheat and post three separates?
***I don’t have a nice picture of me and my other best friend, because we only ever take pictures when we’re drunk. Sorry, Kate!
If you could have a candle that smelt like anything, what would it smell of?
Oh my god, is it really weird if I say the 007 Seven scent? I bought it for my partner for Christmas and it’s my favourite scent that she wears and I just think it’s a very comforting scent for me? Is that really lame?
If not that then I really love the dragon fire candle from GAMETEE but I could just buy that…
How early do you wake up on Christmas day?
I used to wake up every year at 2am, fall asleep until 6am, and wait until 7am to get up. The past couple of years I’ve slept in until around 9-10 and it’s driven my younger sister mad.
What was your favourite book when you were a teenager and why?
Unsurprisingly it seems for my gen, it was a John Green book. Looking For Alaska, to be precise. I thought it was wonderful, I adored the community, I loved the school and the characters, and despite knowing that he is not a good boyfriend I was in love with the Colonel.
It has since changed and I haven’t even considered re-reading this book in years, but I’ll always have a soft spot for it.
Can you walk in heels?
Yes, but I avoid it as much as possible because I am The Worst.
And now it is time for my nominations and questions!
- SomethingLikeLydia – Lydia is a wonderful book blogger and one of my favourite booktubers. I always end up with piles of recommendations from her and she’s a delight to follow and chat to!
- Tea Party Princess – Can I really not nominate a fellow “20-something tea-addicted bookworm”? REALLY?
- PowisAmy – Yet another book blogger… but still! I’m always eager to read more reviews, and her posts are always easy and fun to read.
- Rachel’s Rambles – Another blogger I found through the amazing #ukyachat. Rachel is a younger blogger, too, but so determined, so I would really like to show my support to her! She recently moved blogs, too, because she wants to post more varied kinds of post (from reviews to diary style blogs), so definitely check her out.
- Rose Dymock – Rose is a friend I met at uni and has just started out on a brand new film/book blog! After hearing her views on the texts we study together, I’m certain that she’s going to have some really great reviews coming (and in the mean time, check out her post on Captain America: Civil War!)
- What is the last book you read? How did you feel about it?
- What is your go-to comfort drink?
- Favourite animal to keep as a pet? (I feel this gives more insight than “cats or dogs?” because there are lots of different kinds of animals out there!)
- If you could have any miscellaneous item from a fictional world, what would it be? I don’t mean something huge, like the Elder Wand or a Piece of Eden or anything like that, just like… would you like a Weasley jumper? The Pig from The Raven Cycle? An Exy racquet?
- What is a goal you have for the next month?
Thank you again to Leigh for nominating me!